Latin America Global Leaders Scholarship open applications starting December 1st, 2018 and is intended for students who wish to study at in University of Queensland’s Faculty of Business, Economics & Law (excluding the MBA program). The applications to start studying at UQ in the second semester of 2019 close on April 30th, 2019.
Successful Global Leaders scholars will receive:
50% – 100% tuition fee scholarship for up to four semesters of study. The final amount awarded to the successful applicants will be at the discretion of the selection committee.
You will join an elite UQ Global Leaders community of high achievers throughout your studies, and simultaneously develop your employability skills through priority access to exciting programs on offer through our award-winning Student Employability Team. You will also receive exclusive invitations to selected ‘Invite only’ seminars, presentations, and events throughout your studies. Upon graduation, you will join a global network of outstanding Global Leaders scholarship alumni, and build upon your professional networks at home and abroad.
- Citizens of a Latin American country (including Mexico), who normally reside in Latin America and are not already undertaking any studies in Australia. Those studying English in Australia are still eligible to apply;
- Students who wish to commence their program at UQ in Semester 2, 2019;
- Students must not simultaneously hold another scholarship;
- Students who have received an unconditional offer for a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program and who are commencing students at UQ (the opportunity is not open to currently enrolled UQ students, or students studying at UQ on study abroad or exchange);
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and high achieving students are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
You must apply for your chosen degree program first before applying for the scholarship. Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an unconditional offer (or a conditional offer providing that all conditions are to be met by the scholarship application closing date).
Once you have received your offer, complete the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law International Scholarship Application Form online here. You will be required to submit the following with your scholarship application:
- Personal/motivational statement
- This statement should be no more than 1,000 words and address:
- The reasons for your interest in your chosen degree program, including why you wish to study this program at UQ
- Your personal goals and ambitions and evidence of any previous activities or experiences (including voluntary activities) which demonstrates your commitment to those goals and ambitions.
- One reference letter from teaching staff at your institution or from an employer, if available (in English). The academic reference letters should ideally rank your academic performance against your peer group.
Further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org