The Université Laval, located in Québec, Canada, offers scholarships to international students accomplishes internships in the laboratories of the institution researchers participating in research projects funded by Sentinel North‘s. This program, aims to foster the development of young international scientists able to tackle and help resolve complex northern issues, and encourage the sharing of knowledge and experience across borders.
Support is granted for 2 to 6 month internships at Université Laval. The maximum financial support available per application is $7,500 and covers living expenses, mandatory health and hospitalization insurance during the stay in Québec City, and a part of the fees for attending a conference or training activity.
Applicants may apply any time during the year. Applications must be submitted at least four months before the requested travel date.
Applicants must meet all the following conditions to be eligible for the program:
- Be currently registered full time in a Master’s or Ph.D. program at a university outside Québec
- Be invited by a regular Université Laval professor involved in a research project funded by Sentinel North who agrees to supervise the applicant during their study period at Université Laval
- The project must be aligned with Sentinel North’s research program
- The internship at Université Laval must be for a period of two to six months, and its objectives must be consistent with Sentinel North’s research program.
- Fluency in French language.
Further information on Université Laval website.